“Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” — The Merry Wives of Windsor
If you are late you will be seated at a suitable break in the action. Latecomers to performances at the University Theatre may not be seated until intermission.
“Give it an understanding but no tongue.” — Hamlet
All personal devices—cell phones, pagers, tablets, watch alarms, etc.—should be turned off or silenced and put away BEFORE the performance begins.
“Those that do teach young babes do it with gentle means and easy tasks.”— Othello
Children under five (5) are not permitted in CSF venues.
“Dost thou think because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?” — Twelfth Night
Alcoholic beverages may be purchased from CSF concessions one (1) hour before curtain and during intermission for consumption within the designated licensed area. Alcohol from any other source is not permitted in CSF venues as prohibited by Colorado State law. Large baskets and bags are not permitted inside of any CSF venue, so please leave those items at home or in your car.
At the Performance
- The Box Office in the University Theatre will be open ninety (90) minutes before curtain for all CSF performances. If you need to pick up your tickets, please plan accordingly.
- Latecomers will be seated during a suitable break or during intermission. No exceptions.
- By contractual agreement with the artists, photographs and audio or video recordings are strictly prohibited.
- Children under the age of five (5) will not be admitted.
- Open umbrellas are not permitted during outdoor performances in any part of the seating area, including the back row).
- No glass containers are permitted in the theaters.
- Outside food and drink is prohibited in the theaters.
- The University of Colorado prohibits outside alocholic beverages from being brought onto campus. Please leave all alcohol at home.
- For safety purposes, please do not walk on top of the stone benches in the Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre.
- Please turn off and put away all personal electronic devices upon entering the theater. Please do not text or tweet during the performance.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the CU-Boulder campus.
- Because a theatre experience places people in an enclosed environment, consider avoiding perfumes, cologne, after-shave and scented lotions.
Meals, treats, and beverages are available for purchase from CSF concessions before each performance and during intermission.
Should you experience or see a medical or life-threatening situation during a performance, please notify Audience Services staff immediately.
To reach University of Colorado Boulder police, please call 303-492-6666.
For all ticket-related and lost and found questions and concerns, please contact the CU Presents Box Office (ph 303-492-8008) Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm.
To contact the CSF administrative offices, call 303-492-1527.
Refunds, Cancellations, and Exchanges
All sales are final. No cancellations or refunds will be issued.
Exchanges may be made for tickets to any performance of any play, based on availability, for $3 per ticket. All exchanges must be made at least one business day in advance of a performance.
When exchanging into a higher priced performance or seat(s), the difference in ticket price must be paid before the exchange can be completed. No refunds are given for exchanges into lower priced performances or seats.
All exchanges are subject to seat availability. Promotional discounts may not apply to exchanged tickets.
Curtain times vary. Please double-check your new curtain time when exchanging tickets, especially if you are moving to a different day of the week.
Summer rain is common in Colorado and usually passes within 20 to 30 minutes.
Performances will proceed in the rain, unless weather conditions become threatening to performers or the audience. Open umbrellas are not permitted during performances; we suggest patrons bring wearable rain gear. Decisions on whether to cancel for inclement weather usually are not made until curtain time.
Should a performance be canceled before intermission due to weather, your ticket can be exchanged for a ticket to a make-up performance of the same play by contacting the CU Presents Box Office during normal business hours. Rain exchanges must be made within one week of the date of the rained-out performance. If a show is canceled after intermission, it is the policy of CSF not to give exchanges, rain checks, or refunds.
In the event that the University of Colorado Boulder campus is closed due to weather, CSF will notify patrons via the website and box office telephone with instructions regarding ticket exchanges.
Please note private alcohol consumption (BYOB) is not legal at any time on the CU-Boulder campus. You will receive a citation from the police if you bring alcoholic beverages to campus, and will not be permitted into any CSF venue.