“Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” — The Merry Wives of Windsor
If you are late you will be seated at a suitable break in the action.
“Give it an understanding but no tongue.” — Hamlet
All personal devices — cell phones, pagers, tablets, watch alarms, etc. — should be turned off or silenced and put away during performances.
“Those that do teach young babes do it with gentle means and easy tasks.”— Othello
Children five and under are not permitted in the theaters.
“Dost thou think because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?” — Twelfth Night
Outside food and beverages and glass containers are not permitted. University policy prohibits the consumption of alcohol not purchased on campus, so please leave your wine, beer and flasks from home at home.
At the Performance
- Latecomers will be seated during a suitable break or during intermission. No exceptions.
- By contractual agreement with the artists, photographs and audio or video recordings are strictly prohibited.
- Children under the age of five will not be admitted.
- Open umbrellas are not permitted during outdoor performances.
- No glass containers are permitted in the theaters.
- Outside food and drink is prohibited in the theaters.
- The University of Colorado prohibits outside alocholic beverages from being brought onto campus. Please leave all alcohol at home.
- For safety purposes, please do not walk on top of the stone benches in the Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre.
- Please turn off or silence and put away all personal electronic devices upon entering the theater. Please do not text or tweet during the performance.
- Smoking is not permitted in any indoor or outdoor spaces on the CU-Boulder campus.
Meals, treats and beverages are available for purchase from Falstaff's and at our concession stand before each performance and during intermission.
Should you experience or see a medical or life-threatening situation during a performance, please call 911.
To reach University of Colorado Boulder police, please call 303-492-6666.
To contact the Box Office, call 303-492-8008.
To contact the CSF administrative offices, call 303-492-1527.
Refunds, Cancellations and Exchanges
All sales are final. No cancellations or refunds.
Exchanges may be made for tickets to any performance of any play, based on availability, for $3 per ticket. All exchanges must be made at least one business day in advance of a performance.
When exchanging into a higher priced performance or seat(s), the difference in ticket price must be paid before the exchange can be completed. No refunds are given for exchanges into lower priced performances or seats.
All exchanges are subject to seat availability. Promotional discounts may not apply to exchanged tickets.
Curtain times vary. Please double check your new curtain time when exchanging tickets, especially if you are moving to a different day of the week.
Summer rain is common in Colorado and usually passes within 20 to 30 minutes.
Performances will proceed in the rain, unless weather conditions become threatening to performers or the audience. Open umbrellas are not permitted during performances; we suggest patrons bring wearable rain gear. Decisions on whether to cancel for inclement weather usually are not made until curtain time.
Should a performance be canceled before intermission due to weather, your ticket stub can be exchanged for a ticket to the make-up performance. If there is no make-up performance, present your ticket stub at the Box Office for a ticket to another performance of the same play. Rain exchanges must be made within one week of the date of the rained-out performance. If a show is canceled after intermission, it is the policy of CSF not to give exchanges, rain checks, or refunds.
In the event that the University of Colorado Boulder campus is closed due to weather, CSF will notify patrons via the website and box office telephone with instructions regarding ticket exchanges.
Patrons who are unable to attend a performance may donate their tickets to CSF for tax-credit purposes. Tickets must be received in the box office before curtain time. To donate tickets, call 303-492-8008.